Friday, August 22, 2008

Obama's Lack of Generosity

The following is The Obama's income, taxes paid, and, amount given to charity, as reported here:







Christians are supposed to tithe 10%. Even in his most generous years -- the ones leading into Senatorial election -- he doesn't come close to the minimum required. What this says is that Barack Obama could care less about helping anyone at all. He wants to take your money and be generous with it. But please don't ask him to give his own money. Oh no! Couldn't do that!

In the meantime, my wife and I take in something closer to what the Obamas paid in taxes in 2003, and have still managed to give away almost twice as much as the Obamas did that year -- more any other year between 2000-2004. We start with 10%, and give more beyond that. Recently I had to give up spending the day with my brother and his son because I had to wait all day for the Salvation Army to pick up some things (the third trip they've made to our house this year). All of this isn't to toot my own horn, but just to point out that here I am, talking about things like personal responsibility and how people can make it without government assistance, etc., and I give far more actual things and money, let alone percentage of income, than the Obamas, with Barack going on and on about how we need to be concerned with "the least of these," and how we need to give more to the government so the government can give more. How is it that people who are so generous with other people's money are rarely generous with their own?

I'm no fan of John McCain, but he gave a whopping 28.6% in 2006 and 27.3% in 2007 to charity.

No comments: