Friday, December 14, 2007

A Tax I'm In Favor Of: A Thief Tax

After having had my van burglarized last weekend, I would very much be in favor of there being a 100% tax on thieves. Any thief who gets caught should have to give up every last one of his possessions, and from that the victim should be paid back 200%.

I bet too that the police would be much more interested in solving property crimes if this were the case. Not to mention that this would act as a great disincentive to steal.

I have a whole other set of complaints about the "insurance' that won't pay because there's no evidence of a break-in. I guess if the burglars use a slim-jim to break into your car, that's a license for the insurance companies to steal from you as well.

2 comments:

RevJim said...

Of course, this is a great idea, and I think your incentive to law enforcement is a fair assessment. Write your representative and governor.

Troy Camplin said...

Sounds like a great idea. How about you write yours, and I'll write mine?