Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ron Paul's Absence

I loved Fred Thompson's speech at the GOP convention last night. If that Fred Thompson had run for the Presidency, I have little doubt that he would have been the nominee. I would have been a lot happier with him as the nominee as well. Thompson-Palin is a ticket I could vote for.

In the meantime, Ron Paul is having an alternate convention in the same city as the GOP convention because the Republicans won't let him speak. Why? He did get more votes than Thompson, after all. I don't know how they can justify not having every one of the candidates for the nomination speaking at the convention. It's a rather stupid snub, as the Ron Paul people could easily vote for Bob Barr. And if they are more loyal to their ideology than they are to a political party who is snubbing their ideas and their candidate, they should.

I will.

No comments: