Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Racism of the Left

I'm obviously a bit behind in learning about Sandra Bernhardt's comments about her wanting Sarah Palin to be gang raped by her black brothers should Palin ever come to New York.

A few things:

1) why isn't the Obama campaign publicly denouncing this comment?
2) why isn't the African-American community outraged at this incredibly racist statement equating blacks with being rapists?

I guess it's okay to be a racist just so long as you have the right (er, that should be "Left") beliefs on economics.

How much outrage would there be if someone made the comment that the Obamas better not come down to Mississippi because Michelle would be gang raped by a bunch of Klan boys. Make that joke and see what happens. There would be outrage from every quarter -- yet Sandra Bernhardt can make this exact same comment, only about a conservative woman, and it's laughed at and excused.

We are seeing just what the Left is really made of. Of course, I've known this for a very, very long time. I can't believe that some governor from Alaska is what is making the Left expose themselves for what they truly are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandra Bernhardt, the left, as you so eloquently put it stands alone in her ignorant comment about Palin being raped. This comment shouldn't be credited to the African-American race as a whole. Most of us have no idea who this girl is and are unaware of this comment. However, it is your American duty, just as well as it is an African-American's to redirect Sandra for this appaling comment. How are you any better than her with your reverse unintelligent comment about Michelle Obama. What world are you living in? We are Americans based on the country we live in, not divided by race! Instead of mereley blogging about problems like the one's you mention here, make real change. How cowardice is it to hide behind a computer screen and type about problems that occur in OUR country???

Troy Camplin said...

My point is that no one on the Left is out there saying what an awful person Sandra Bernhardt -- who is quite a famous person, btw -- is for saying this. My point in reversing it is to show how outrageous her statement is, and to make the point that to apply it to Michelle Obama would rightly result in outrage.

I would love it if we weren't divided by race, but the Left keeps trying to do it. The Obama campaign is now trying to do it with a bunch of Spanish-language ads that is full of lies. I don't see race -- the Left does.

Finally, you don't know what I do. I just happen to blog too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, every last Left is evil. Sandra Bernhardt represents all the left's thinking. Obama should respond to ALL comments by great thinkers like Sandra. Once again, this blog makes sweeping generalization. Your bad taste counter example left me cold too. I was going to tell you about my blog, but never mind.

Troy Camplin said...

The Left certainly doesn't have the greatest history. Millions dead in the USSR, 1/3 of the population of Cambodia slaughtered under Pol Pot. One could go on and on.

I do think that he should speak out against someone as well-known as Sandra Bernhardt. It seems the least a decent human being should do. Instead, I keep getting this sort of thing from you people on the Left. No condemnation of her, just of me. It speaks volumes.

I do love that my counter example is outrageous -- as it is and should be -- but not Bernhardt's comments. Was my counter example in bad taste? Perhaps. But the original was worse, having been original. And still, no condemnation from you for it. Again, it speaks volumes.

sl said...

I made a comment on it, but let me spell it out: Sandra is an idiot and she should be ignored. However, I often ignore comments for raving trash like her. I don't think on should become trash to fight trash.

Troy Camplin said...

I agree with you. However, I merely pointed out that what she said would be equivalent to someone saying something similar in regards to Michelle Obama. It's not like I said, "Oh yeah, well in that case . . . " That would be the kind of thing you're talking about, and would have been completely out of line. I will say that if some conservative had made a similar kind of comment in relation to Michelle Obama, it wouldn't have been ignored, and McCain would have been the first to condemn it. And rightly so. Bernhardt's comment should NOT be ignored -- rather, it should be roundly condemned, and people should boycott her show and protest her every move. Why is the Left completely silent about this?