Monday, June 25, 2012

The EDGE Center and Me

I have recently been made a Fellow at The EDGE Center, a think tank at UT-Dallas. EDGE stands for Entrepreneurship, Diversity, and Global Empowerment. It is a free market think tank with an interest in Austrian economics and other complexity approaches to understanding culture, economies, governments, and other aspects of civil society.

Upon suggesting to Euel Elliot and Elena Labastida, who set up The EDGE Center, that they should have a journal associated with it, I was made the editor of what will be The Journal of Globalization, Diversity, and Spontaneous Orders. It will be fun getting this journal using complexity sciences to study global orders set up and running. I think it fills a unique niche and will be a great contribution to the study of these issues. At least, I will do my best to make it a great contribution to the study of these areas and issues.

No comments: