Friday, March 25, 2011

Networks Result in Speciation

Increasingly I find myself studying networks. I am working on a paper in which I discuss the hierarchical networks of organizations and the scale-free networks of spontaneous orders. I am working on another paper on cities as far-from-equilibrium scale-free networks. I have written a paper on the brain and moral evolution as spontaneous order networks, and another paper on the arts as spontaneous order networks. So it is not in the least bit surprising to me that networks are a major driving factor in evolution. It is certainly a major driving factor in social evolution, including specialization and division of labor. Indeed, it is noted in the article that with the model used "Many other applications are possible, for example to describe and predict behaviors of ideological or economic groups in sociopolitical settings."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Prof J said...

Troy, I'd say it's time to change your posting policy. You clearly have a fan club.