Monday, August 09, 2010

Advanced Austrian Economics

I just got back from a great week in New York. I was at the Advanced Austrian Economics Seminar put on by the Foundation for Economic Education. I saw a few people I already knew: Bill Butos, Peter Lewin, Steve Horwitz, Bruce Caldwell, and (if meeting someone for literally a minute is knowing someone) Pete Boettke. More, I got to meet several others, including Israel Kirzner ( a brilliant, brilliant mind!), Chrispher Coyne, Peter Leeson, Mario Rizzo, Lawrence White, and Larry Reed. I learned a lot. More, I was stimulated in my thinking on some of my own projects investigating spontaneous orders. Especially involving the use of the concept of the entrepreneur. I think that will be a very fruitful development of my thinking of the spontaneous orders of the arts. I was also encouraged by Pete Lewin to pursue further my idea on self-organized criticality and cycles. Overall, a good week. Now I just need to get enough published to get invited to be on the other side of the desk.

No comments: