Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Off For Thanksgiving

Well, faithful readers, I will be off to visit my wife's family for the next several days for Thanksgiving. These kinds of things are typically all about complaining about this and that, and sometimes even suggesting solutions. But rarely do people say what they are thankful for.

I am thankful for my wife, Anna.

I am thankful for my baby, Melina, who is almost one.

I am thankful for my family -- my father and his wife, my brother and his wife and their new baby, Ben.

I am thankful for Anna's family.

I am thankful for all my friends.

I am thankful for the U.S. Constitution and the fact that our government does follow most of it most of the time. Most countries do not have a Constitution like ours, and we should be thankful that we had some very wise men to write it.

I am thankful that our Founding Fathers were real, flawed human beings and not gods -- they are hard enough to live up to as it is.

I am thankful for all the good things the postmodernists gave us -- I do complain about them a lot, and I do think they were excessive on a lot of things, but if we look at them through the eyes of moderation, they did correct a few things that needed correcting.

I am thankful I live in a country that lets me say the things I say on this blog.

Those are a few of the things I'm thankful for. What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

RevJim said...

I'm thankful that you posted this thoughtful and insightful item.
I'm thankful that you posted the picture of your beautiful baby to warm our hearts.
I'm thankful that I read your blog.
Most of all, I'm thankful to live in an era where so much history is being made, for better or worse.

Troy Camplin said...

Oh, and I am thankful for faithful readers.