Monday, August 09, 2004

Introduction

In the unbelievable and unknown –
In the unrefined and those without thought –
In the unremarkable and unwise –
We find our leaders
We find our heroes
We find our artists
I see it – there is a sun on the horizon –
The rosy fingers of an ancient dawn –
A rebirth of everything from everything we have torn apart –
A world in fragments – no longer a world –
Fragments gathered up –
A world reborn from the fragments –
A world reborn from the past, the ancients –
Greeks, Romans, Chinese, Africans, Arabs, Indians, and aborigines –
Yet –
I am not a postmodernist
And I am not a classicist
And I am not a romantic
And I am not a modernist
And I am not a naturalist
No –
I am each of these – and none
I am the moon and the sun
I am the earth and the sea
I am woman and man
Seriousness and fun
Fragments and unity
Plurality and one

3 comments:

V said...

Copycat, copycat!! :)

Troy Camplin said...

"Good artists imitate. Great artists steal." -- I forget exactly who it was, but it was some modernist, possibly Picasso

Todd Camplin said...

Who knew that this blog would have so many visits and spin off to so many other blogs. Print most of these posts and you would have a book.