Thursday, November 20, 2008

Person With All the Power Accuses Underling of Sexual Harassment

Now, I'm the first one to say that 13 year olds are little jerks -- I half-jokingly say they need to be locked up and beaten daily, in fact -- but when an adult woman who is a social worker and, thus, has authority and power over a 13 year old boy intends to bring "sexual harassment" charges against him because she felt he hugged her "inappropriately," then there is something seriously wrong. Here's how this should have been handled:

"Excuse me, but that hug wasn't appropriate."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, . . ." and then she should have told him.

Instead, the woman has set out to create a criminal record for this child.

Why? My guess is that, in this case, it's a clear abuse of power and authority. It does not help that morons like Nicole Littler from MOCSA, the Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault , says of sexual harassment, "Hugging someone can be sexual harassment, but it also depends on who it is and how they feel about the situation."

In other words, if I offer to give someone a hug, and they accept, and afterwards they decide they didn't like the hug, I've committed sexual harassment?!? This is perversity. And it's a perversity designed to eliminate any and all social bonds, which are reinforced by touching. This sort of thing is less "sexual harassment" and more "how dare you be a social mammal!"

My God, orthodox, fundamentalist, fanatical religious groups are more tolerant of people touching each other than this.

2 comments:

John said...

Ludicrous. I could see maybe if he outweighed her by 70 pounds and had pinned her up against the wall and engaged in frottage, but that would be assault, not harassment. A professional social worker, of all people, shouldn't be using the law as a substitute for basic interpersonal skills--if she can't hold her own against a 13 year old boy, perhaps she should seek a new line of work.

Anonymous said...

John, you hit the point home! I was a jerk at 13 too, but I am glad that people in my day understood the gravity of my actions as relating to a child's reality and not an adult's reality.

Lumberjack