Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Searching for Jobs

Having unsuccessfully searched for a job since May, I must say that I am disappointed at the way job sites are set up online. They do not make use of the internet in the least, but simply act as glorified newspaper classified ads.

Why on earth is there not an eHarmony of job searching? Seriously. It could replace all the H.R. departments. There is serious misallignment of skills and positions, and part of this is because of the fact that H.R. people do not really understand the positions they are filling. Thus, they only match buzzwords -- much like online job sites do. There has to be a better way.

1 comment:

That Damn Libertarian said...

I'd love to take a test that really could expose strengths, talents, and abilities to suggest a suitable vocation. Just a conjecture, but I think a vast majority of Americans are under-employed.
P.S. I took the eHarmony online test many years ago. They rejected me, saying I was part of the 20% of the population that they could not find a match for. I've been told that this is code for "You're crazy".